January 28, 2021
The Board of Trustees of Laurens County Public Library System will implement changes with our operations due to staff exposure to Coronavirus-19 cases. On February 1, 2021, the Laurens Library building will be temporarily closed to our patrons. The Clinton Library will operate at regular business hours. All library fines are now suspended and will not accrue. Library staff will continue to work, and we encourage our patrons to take advantage of our “Curbside Services.” To use this service, please request your items through our online catalog https://tlc.lcpl.org/# or call the library Mondays through Fridays between 9:00 am -5:00 pm to let us know what materials you would like to receive.
Staff will fill the request and have items available for pickup. The library is offering curbside printing. Patrons must email all prints to [email protected]. The library will allow ten free prints a day. We offer Big 10 bags for juvenile and teen readers. The library also has mobile hotspots for checkout. All online services are still available, including access to e-audiobooks. Please continue to check our Facebook and website for any updates.
If you have any questions, please contact Renita Barksdale at [email protected] or call 864-681-7323
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Renita Barksdale, Library Director
- Check our home page or social media pages for the latest change in hours and services.
- Do not enter if you are not feeling well and are experiencing symptoms related to covid-19; trouble breathing, cough, sneezing, etc.
- Limit your visit to 1 hour.
- Masks are required when entering the building.
- All seating has been removed except for chairs at public computers and limited seating at study tables.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots can be checked out (based on availablity) for home use up to a week.
For additional information about library services at this time, please call your local branch.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, we encourage you to take advantage of the MUSC Health Virtual Care telehealth service. MUSC Health is offering COVID-19 screenings free of charge to anyone experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms located in South Carolina. Use the code COVID19 when you log in to take advantage of this free service.